Wednesday, June 17, 2009

6:00 Am, Day One at Mt Hood


We arrived yesterday without a hitch. Every athlete in the crew was assembled together before Josh, Jen, Phoebe and myself even saw our baggage. Waiting for us at our claim site were Eric B, Alex B, Joe. Kyle D called my phone a moment later and there we were. Shelby met us up here a few hrs later. we food shopped for dinner breakfast and lunch. We checked in at Windells to see about our tickets and we found our house in the ferns and 150 ft plus spruce forest by the side of the White Salmon river. Alex made it all the way into the water, I only made it to my shins.
This place was originally Fred Myer's hunting lodge. It is all wood and some lathe plaster, timber porches wrap the front overlooking the hill down to the river. It is a great cabin and Shelby is claiming the coolest place we have ever had. Shelb right in touch with the old ways. I'm going down the road for our tickets. We shall aim for 8:30 today and 8:00 am the rest of the week. It's great to be back with the team and getting to do what we do. Stay tuned, this being a short and small camp I hope to keep everyone pretty up do date.
THANKS.

No comments: