Monday, January 31, 2011

A Day With the Pro/Ams

With Scotty J on the road with the BX crew, I had the pleasure of riding with the Pro/Am gang. I took great pride in my work as the Pro/Am coach in the past and have fond memories of days with Waker, Haffner, Hahn, Malanga, Simpsons, Stacy, Tikos, Ellery, Lizzy.... ad nauseam. It was good to see that the current crew is carrying the torch. These guys are hungry and skilled. Dan Landy took the Rider of the Day nod for his style, valor and dog-off-the-leash approach to 5 different parks.
Marion and Meg Tierney kept up with the wild boys and locked into long rails and aired out of the superpipe. Chip Linton took to the Inferno jumps and landed back 5s and switch nosepresses in the Nitro park. Connor Callan landed large back 5s and his method off the rail caught my eye. Jack Griffen was a blast to ride with and made sure he got some footage. Switch back 3s and big back 3s in Inferno were just part of his day.
I expect to be riding with these guys for a few more days and I certainly have my hands full. Vessels of progression tapped and flowing, I will do my best to channel the deluge!




DAN LANDY XL SWITCH BACK FIVE




JACK GRIFFEN INFERNO TAILGRAB








ANOTHER PROPER SWITCH BACK FIVE FROM KYLE DORFMAN





WOODEN WALLIE BY JACK GRIFFEN








METHOD OFF THE RAIL, CONNOR CALLEN IN CONTROL




Marion Lobell Locked In















RECOGNIZE THE TIERNEY STYLE? THIS ONE'S MEGHAN

















PRO/AM OF THE DAY, DAN LANDY WENT NUTS














CHIP LINTON AIRS ONE OUT






















JACK GRIFFEN PRE-STOMP



No comments: